"We'll make fun of ourselves later for mornings like this, you know," I said, leaning back into the apartment from the hallway.
He smiled. "No, we won't. Our kids will though."
A perfect answer that warmed me for my hour-and-a-half commute to work.
At school, I stopped in at Heath Services to hook myself up with some free psychological counseling. You know, while it's still free. Psych-analysis certainly had the potential to mess me up emotionally and spiritually, but I was up for the risk.
"I'm afraid we don't have any openings for when you are free," the receptionist told me with a surprisingly disappointed frown.
I nodded. "Oh, okay. That's okay."
She leaned in closely and paused a moment until I leaned forward in the chair. She looked at me and stayed silent. I scooted the chair in and leaned until the desk's edge was groping my breasts.
"What would you like to talk about with our counselors?" she asked discretely. I knew she wasn't asking to be nosey. I imagine she could have done some schedule-finangling had I been on the verge of something tragic.
I leaned back in my chair. "Oh, I'm about to graduate with no job, I'm recovering from an eating disorder, I have daddy issues like every other twenty-one year old girl, and I have some history of relationship abuse--" She opened her mouth to respond, but--"OH!" I sighed at remembering. "And I'm having a minor crisis of faith."
I didn't mean to mess with her. I just wanted her to know I wasn't suicidal or anything. But I flustered her to no end, and she went back to her computer scheduling system.
"Let's see," she kept mumbling. "There must be something..."
I reassured her again and again that I was fine, would come back later to see if anything had opened up, etc.
"Are you sure?" she asked as I stood. She looked up at me with furrowed eyebrows.
"I'm sure!" I meant it. I walked out of Health Services with a smile on my face, wondering if I had actually been healed by the receptionist.
2 comments:
Hey lovely, it's so nice to read about your life since I don't get to see you on a regular basis. I'm working on a new mix to send to you as well! I'd love to talk more, maybe we can get into email again! I've been looking for a new therapist as well, maybe I should try some on-campus options.
ps. is there a way to be "friends" on here or anything?
Post a Comment