Thursday, May 29, 2008

A Whole Beautiful World

Well, for starters, Mike and I went and just fell all in love with our hamster.

I graduated!  Yep.  If freshman Heather could have known her diploma would say "Rutgers" and "Colletto" on it... The morning I graduated, Mike gave me beautiful pearl earrings and a necklace with a wonderful note.  He said, "Did you ever think you'd get a graduation present from your husband?"  I said, "I would've thought I'd gone and gotten myself knocked up and had to wait ten years before going back."  To which Mike said:  "Nice."
Then, on Saturday, we had a joint graduation/birthday party that I shared with my now two-year old niece, Lily, who, goshdarnit, is just the cutest thing on the planet.  We got a big play kitchen from her cousin, Lauren, and a bunch of food to go with it.  Angie, her mom, is currently trying to teach Lily to pretend to eat the play food.  She demonstrates:
My family (all 12! of us) and Mike's parents and grandma and Jamin's parents partied in the backyard.  We watched Lily open presents.


Lily refused to open any presents until she was done with the previous one, which meant she had to flip through every page of each book before picking up the next gift.  
Lily enjoyed her cake very much.  I got some cheesecake for my graduation, too.


 We're a pretty close family.  See: David and Lauren.
A big part of our celebration for Mike and I was a quick trip to NYC (man, I love Philly!) to see "Spring Awakening."  We got Heather some Chipotle that she's been craving for months and months, watching the city go by on the beautiful day.
It was a beautiful day to walk around the city, and the show was incredible.  We took this while we were walking to the show.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! You are amazing and I miss you.

the lovely years said...

Great pics of the weekend! Great synopsis of the musical too--heavy stuff. I'll definitely have to send our clients. Sounds like a fun, family show.